Overnight Chia Breakfast Bowl Recipe is the hands-down favorite of our Summer Cleansing Group!
The envelope, please! In the race for the best recipe of the 10-Day Ayurveda Summer Cleanse the winner is…
The Overnight Chia Breakfast Bowl wins Best-in-Category for easy-to-make, easy-to-eat, and easy-to-digest breakfast. Eat it hot or cold!
Making Overnight Chia Pudding the night before helps your morning go smoothly. Just reach in the fridge and it’s ready to go serve it either hot or cold depending on the season. Hands down, this was the favorite recipe of our group of Summer Cleansers. It was the most talked-about recipe, everyone loved it. I would even venture to say, that it is the one recipe most people said they would continue to make even after the cleanse was complete.
Why is it so good? Easy Answer.
This recipe is simple to make and prep the night before and have on hand for 3 meals. So for 3 days, you don’t have to worry about what you will eat, just grab and go. After the third day, prep your next three days and have it ready.
This Overnight Chia Seed Bowl Recipe is the ultimate take on a PB & J Sandwich. It’s made with almond milk, chia seeds, and a little sweetener of your choice. It’s a healthy breakfast or snack loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Of course, make it your own by adding any nut butter, fresh berries, maybe a little grain-free granola to top off this yummy deliciousness! Eat it hot, or cold. Prep up to 3 serving and keep it in the fridge in a Ball Jar or a storage container with a lid. Choose to recreate the taste of a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, or get creative with what you want to add. Blueberries are so good! Add strawberries, or peaches when they are in season.
Chia Pudding, Chia Bowl, or put it in your Smoothie. Your Choice!
Chia Seed Pudding is very versatile and it’s super healthy. I love Chia Pudding for breakfast because it is filling, helps me with weight loss, and gives me a protein boost to take through the day. Many times, I add nuts, granola, and fresh mint to finish off my bowl, jar, or smoothie in the morning.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds.
- Chia Seeds are easy to store & inexpensive.
- Loaded with Fiber – Almost all of the Carbs are Fiber! What?
- Loaded with Protein – Packs a mean Punch!
- Helps you feel FULL and may even help you LOSE weight!
- Antioxidant Properties – High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Heart Healthy!
- Full of Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, & Protein.
- Good choice to reduce Blood Sugar Levels.
- May even reduce Chronic Inflammation.
Lastly, prep a few jars of Chia Seed Pudding and take it on vacation. Don’t you find that Breakfast can be the most challenging meal when you are out of town? Especially when I first arrive, I never have anything healthy to eat. Chia Seed Bowls to the rescue.
Let us know in the comments about your best grab-and-go breakfast. Do you have a recipe for a quick breakfast you would like to share? We would love to hear from you
Chris – The Happy Mama Lama
Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl - Almond Butter & Berries
- Glass Jar
- Glass Container
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ cup Almond Milk or prefered nut milk
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup or honey drizzled on top
- 2 tbp Raspberry Preserves or fresh berries
- 1 tbs Almond Butter optional
- 2 tbs Hemp Hearts optional
- Add 1/2 cup of your choice of milk, almond, hemp, oat milk to a ball jar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds to the milk. Stir a few times. Let it sit for a minute, then stir again.
- Place in your refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, add hemp hearts, a little honey, or maple syrup, nut butter, and your berries of choice. Fruit preserves will work as well if fresh berries are not in season. Mix it all together.
- Great to eat cold in the warmer months, and warm in the colder months. If you like it warmed up, put in the in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, or cook in a small pot on the stove top.